- 2 (15¼-ounce) cans sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14¾-ounce) cans sweet cream style golden corn
- 2 (8¼-ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 2 cups (454 grams) sour cream
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1½ cups), divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a rubber spatula to mix together the corn, muffin mix, sour cream, melted butter, and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow the casserole to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.