- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin dessert mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- Whipped topping or whipped cream, to garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
To serve, cut slices and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.