- 2 cups cooked corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion in a large glass bowl. Mix together the dressingingredients in another bowl, pour over the salad, and gently toss to mix.
I made this salad for lunch with my leveling buddies. I always want a little protein to hold me until dinner, so I added chicken that I had poached in thyme and a chicken rub.
Recipe borrowed from Paula Deen at foodnetwork.com