- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved crosswise
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15 oil-cured olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Shake to coat chicken. Marinate 15 minutes at room temperature. Arrange chicken mixture in a broiler-safe 11 x 7inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with oregano and the next 4 ingredients (through shallot); top with lemon slices. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Preheat broiler to HIGH.
- Place chicken 3 inches from broiler element; broil on HIGH for 3 minutes or until chicken is browned and done.
- Serve with warm orzo.
Cooking Light, January/February 2012