Directions for Potato Salad
- 14 small boiling potatoes, such as red bliss, about 2 1/2 pounds, scrubbed well
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the potatoes are just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain, cool, then cut the potatoes into halves.
In a large mixing bowl combine potatoes with all remaining ingredients and gently toss to combine. Refrigerate the salad several hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.
Directions for Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon celery leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Emeril’s Original Essence
Mash together the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise and buttermilk and whisk to blend. Add the celery leaves, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, Essence, black pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Stir to blend.
Both Recipes From: http://www.foodnetwork.com