In honor of my road trip to Iowa City yesterday,
I am presenting a yummy cake recipe from Iowa Girl Eats!
I LOVE her blog! Thanks Iowa Girl!
- 2 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9″x 13″ baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine flour, brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter. Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside.
- Mix in baking powder and baking soda. Mix in milk and vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle top with reserved flour mixture and chocolate chips. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.