You know the feeling, you MUST have something sweet, but you don’t want that something hanging around for days to tempt you. This is the PERFECT recipe for those times. This recipe makes TWO chocolate chip cookies!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 firmly packed tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk – discard or set aside egg white for a different use
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 heaping tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter just until it starts to melt and is softened. Blend softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla together by hand. Add egg yolk and stir again. Add baking soda and flour and stir until combined. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Form cookie dough into two balls and place on baking sheet. The cookies will spread during baking, so make sure they are several inches apart. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and give the baking sheet a firm, but careful bang on the counter top. This will deflate the cookie and give it a perfect wrinkly appearance.