- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups tiny unsalted pretzels
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal squares (such as Rice Chex)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine brown sugar, 1 teaspoon thyme, salt, cinnamon, and red pepper in a small bowl.
3. Combine pecans and almonds on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the nuts begin to brown. Combine the pecan mixture and butter in a medium bowl, stirring until butter melts. Gently stir in pretzels, cereal, and syrup. Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over pretzel mixture; toss gently to coat. Spread pretzel mixture in a single layer on jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon thyme. Cool completely.
Hannah Klinger, Cooking Light