Everyone agrees! This MUST be a new McCoy Christmas morning tradition! Yum!
1/2 recipe for basic pizza dough (I used 3 sections of frozen bread dough instead.)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) sweet cream butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut dough into small, 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
3. Place sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and toss together until completely mixed.
4. Dip dough pieces into melted butter and shake off excess.
5. Next, dredge buttered dough pieces into cinnamon-sugar mixture until well coated.
6. Grease mini loaf pans and begin filling with coated pieces of dough until pans are filled.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sticky and golden brown. Remove loaves from pans, onto a cooling rack and allow messy breads to cool until just slightly warm.
8. For icing: Place sugar, milk and vanilla in a small mixing bowl and stir together with a fork (using a whisk will cause air bubbles to form in the icing).
9. Drizzle icing over messy bread loaves and serve.