- 3 sticks + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 3 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter for 8 minutes on medium speed. Butter will become very pale & creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on low speed for 1 minute, then on medium speed for 6 minutes. Frosting will be very light, creamy and fluffy.
- Best used right away.