- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce (or more or less)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Melt butter in dutch oven. Add celery, onion, and carrots. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and stir to combine. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth and hot sauce. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, blend all vegetables until smooth. Return to stove.
- Add 2 cups milk, bay leaves, sage, paprika, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes.
*adapted from http://www.iowagirleats.com