- 1 lb fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Serving suggestions: sliced pepperoni or other cured meats, olives, hot cherry peppers, crackers, crusty bread
- Lay the mozzarella slices out in large shallow platter. Whisk the olive oil, thyme, oregano, red pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pour the herbed olive oil evenly over the mozzarella, lifting the slices with a fork to allow the oil to seep underneath. Cover the platter with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes, flipping the mozzarella after 20 minutes. If the mozzarella has soaked up a lot of the oil after 20 minutes, drizzle some extra over the cheese. Allow the cheese to stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt to taste before serving. Serve with suggestions above or any of your own!