You did it again my Simple Dinners friend!
In her words, “Delish and definitely blogworthy!”
- 3 1/2-4 pound chicken legs and thighs
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered (Canned is totally fine…that’s what I used.)
- 1 medium onion (cut into medium diced pieces – to match the size of the artichokes)
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine (To avoid a migraine, I used chicken broth and some of the liquid from the artichoke hearts.)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place chicken, skin side up, in a baking pan. (I seasoned my chicken with salt and pepper at this point as well.) Distribute onion, artichoke, and mushrooms over the top. Combine olive oil, mustard, red wine, red wine vinegar, garlic, dried spices, and salt and pepper, and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 350º for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 1/2 hour.