Super easy, super pretty, super yummy!!
- One 3-to-3 1/2 pound cut up chicken
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds tiny potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for potatoes
- 1 lemon, to finish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves, to finish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse chicken pieces. Pat dry with paper towel. Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Nestle the potatoes around the chicken, and drizzle them lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the potatoes.
- Roast the chicken for 30 to 45 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into a thigh registers 165 degrees. Toss the potatoes after 20 minutes so they cook evenly. When the chicken is cooked, squeeze a lemon over the entire dish and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
*Adapted from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, 2012