If you’re like me and you luv, luv, luv avocados, then you gotta try this!
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado in the bowl of a food processor. Add the Parmesan and lemon juice to the food processor bowl. Pulse the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes while streaming in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl with a spatula as needed. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Set the avocado mixture aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the linguine and cook according to the package directions. Once the pasta is al dente, drain and set aside.
- Add the butter and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Add the scallions and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta and the avocado-parmesan sauce to the shrimp mixture and toss to combine using a pair of kitchen tongs. The pasta should be evenly coated with the avocado-parmesan mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve immediately, with more parmesan if desired.
Makes 6 servings.