Iowa Girl Eats recently posted 10 Healthy Salad Recipes. Both Ray and I could use some salad in our lives, so we have decided to do a week of salads. I’m not too excited but willing to try! Salads are not my favorite thing in the world. I could do a week of pies–no problem! Here is the first salad we are trying. Thanks, Iowa Girl Eats!
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 2-10oz bags chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- Light ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce
- Brush chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes a side, brushing grilled side with BBQ sauce after flipping once. Grill ears of corn, rotating occasionally, until evenly charred. Remove chicken and corn, let cool slightly, then chop chicken and slice corn kernels off cob and set aside.
- In a very large bowl add lettuce (may need to do this in a couple batches.) Use a pizza cutter to evenly chop lettuce into small pieces then toss with tomatoes, black beans, red onion, cheeses, tortilla chips, chicken, and corn. Drizzle with light ranch dressing and bbq sauce (or your favorite dressing) then toss and serve immediately.