- ⅔ cup yellow cornmeal
- ⅔ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt (I used a half cup of each)
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 15-ounce can regular corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can cream style corn
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups crispy onions (I buy the ones in the salad section)
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley or other herb of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and oil in a bowl. Work the mixture with a fork until no longer clumpy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt, sour cream, butter, and egg until smooth. Add the corn, cream corn, and dry mix from step one, and stir until just combined.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, top with crispy onions, and return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs before serving.