For the filling:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 12 0z. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
For the drizzle:
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 4-6 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- To make the filling, combine the peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, butter and pretzels in a medium bowl. Mix well with a spoon until evenly combined and all ingredients are incorporated. Roll the mixture into small balls, about 2-3 teaspoons worth each. (You may need to clean your hands between batches to keep the mixture from sticking to your palms.) Place on a baking sheet lined with foil, parchment, or wax paper. Transfer to the freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a bowl of simmering water, and heat until melted and smooth. Dip chilled peanut butter-pretzel balls in the chocolate, gently shaking off the excess. Transfer back to the lined baking sheet. Chill to let chocolate fully set.
- To make the peanut butter drizzle, combine the peanut butter and the milk in a small bowl. Microwave briefly, about 15 seconds. Add in the confectioners’ sugar and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Adjust consistency as needed with additional confectioners’ sugar. Drizzle over the coated truffles. Let set before packaging or serving.