- 1 family size box brownie mix (makes a 13×9″ pan)
- Ingredients for brownie mix. Mine called for:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
Peanut Butter Buttercream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I love Guittard)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Make brownies according to directions on the box for a 13×9″ pan. Grease the pan well before adding batter & baking. Allow brownies to cool completely.
- Make the PB buttercream by creaming the butter, peanut butter, & pinch of salt in a stand mixer until all lumps of butter are smooth. Add powdered sugar & vanilla. Mix. Add milk gradually until spreading consistency. Spread PB buttercream over the top of the cooled brownies.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips & peanut butter in the microwave in short bursts, stirring frequently. (I do 30 seconds, stir, 15 seconds, stir 15 seconds stir…until it’s melted.) Pour chocolate mixture over the PB buttercream. Smooth with a spatula. You can create a pretty design by zig-zagging the chocolate layer from one corner of the pan to the opposing corner. Then dragging the tip of your spatula (or use the tip of a knife) to draw lines back & forth across the zig-zag pattern. Makes 24 brownies.