- 1 c. margarine, softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add margarine, sugar, and vanilla; beat with electric mixer until blended. Add flour, and beat until crumbly; fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread dough onto an 12” x 8” ungreased cookie sheet; press down to about 1/4” thick.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until edges are light brown and center is set.
- While still warm, make the bars by cutting into desired strips.
- Makes about 1.5 dozen.
Optional Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- milk to desired consistency
Mix together peanut butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Add drops of milk, mixing until you achieve desired consistency. Pipe glaze on cooled bars.