- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 1/3 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds extra-large shrimp (21 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large pot or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until rippling. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds or so (don’t let it burn!). Add the clam juice, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, cover and cook until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes, stirring once about halfway through.
- Scoop the shrimp out of the pan using a slotted spoon and reserve on a large plate or platter. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is slightly reduced.
- Whisk in the butter until melted. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Pour the sauce over the shrimp. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.