These cookies are made without butter and flour! They are such a yummy alternative!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- optional: heaping 1/2 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- optional: sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix for about a minute.
- Shape into balls, and if desired roll in sugar.
- Flatten with a criss cross pattern with a fork, or simply flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, don’t overbake, and let them sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Makes 20 cookies.