- 1 stick salted butter (1/2 cup, very soft)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 18.9 ounce brownie mix
- eggs, oil, and water for brownie mix
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars in a small mixing bowl. Add vanilla and egg; cream again until smooth. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir gently until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie batter as directed. Pour batter into a greased glass 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Scatter pieces of cookie dough over the top of the brownie batter. In an 8×8 square pan, you’re able to get about ⅔ of the cookie dough to fit over the brownies…then just save the rest for regular cookies! Press gently on the dough just until it starts to sink down into the batter a little bit. Be sure to place cookie dough in corners and closely around perimeter of dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (35 for gooey, 40 or more for fully baked), covering with foil if you need to keep the cookies from getting too brown on top (see notes below). Let stand for 15-20 minutes before cutting into pieces for serving.
NOTE: I made the brownie mix and put it in a preheated oven while I made the cookie dough. I added the cookie dough when it was ready and cooked for 35 minutes. My hope was that the cookie dough wouldn’t get too brown. It worked!
**Thanks for the great recipe, Lauren!
Original recipe from: http://www.pinchofyum.com