The boys loved this one! Of course, anything is good, no great, no AWESOME with bacon!
- 5 potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- Wash potatoes and pat dry.
- Chop onion and cut bacon into small chunks. Cook bacon and onion in small skillet for 10 minutes.
- Lay one piece of foil on top of another piece of equal size. Use enough foil to create a tent around 1/2 of the potatoes. Drizzle olive oil on the middle of the foil. Do the same with two additional pieces of foil. Two tents will be used for this recipe.
- Slice potatoes, thinly. Divide the potatoes into two parts. Lay potatoes on each set of foil pieces. Season with pepper and red pepper flakes.
- When bacon and onions are partially cooked, spread over the potatoes.
- Put potatoes packets on hot grill. Cook for 20 minutes or until soft and yummy.
*recipe adapted from original recipe found in Taste of Home, The Ultimate Guide to Grilling, 2014