- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- ½-1 cup Heath toffee bits
- Bake the cake according to the directions on the box.
- Remove the cake from the oven and immediately poke holes all over the top using either the bottom of a wooden spoon, a skewer or a fork.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce, then slowly drizzle the mixture all over the cake. Allow the cake to cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spread the Cool Whip over the top of the cake, top with the Heath toffee bits and refrigerate again for 1 hour. Serve cold and refrigerate any leftovers.