- 35 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pecans in a 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until lightly brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil; grease foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Spread mixture evenly over saltine crackers. Bake 8-10 minutes until bubbly.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool slightly.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
**Taste of Home, December 2014