- 1 pound dry linguine
- 8 slices bacon, diced (I used turkey bacon.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (I used chicken broth.)
- 1 pound (31-40 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Once browned, transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- In the same pan you cooked the bacon in combine reserved bacon drippings and olive oil. Add onions and garlic. Cook 5 minutes or until softened. Pour in white wine or chicken broth, cook 1 minute. Add in shrimp. Cook until opaque and cooked through, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- By this time your pasta should be cooked. Add cooked pasta, bacon and chopped parsley to shrimp. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt if needed. Serve hot.