For the dough:
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar plus 9 tablespoons
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
For raspberry filling:
3 tbsp raspberry jam
For wanut filling:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cream the cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the salt, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just combined. Dump the dough out onto a well-floured board and roll it into a ball. Cut the ball in quarters, wrap each piece in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight.
- On a well-floured board, roll each ball of dough into a 9-inch circle.
- Spread half the jam or walnut filling over the dough and slice the dough like a pizza, into 12 wedges, and then roll each wedge up from the outside in, so it looks like a little croissant.
- Place the cookies onto a lined baking tray, and then do the same thing with the next piece of dough. Place the cookies on their trays into the fridge to chill for about 15 minutes and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, before dusting liberally with powdered sugar and store in an airtight container.
Sources: www.thesugarhit.com and http://www.barefootcontessa.com