- 1 meaty ham bone, fat trimmed
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 6 red potatoes, cubed
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place ham bone in a slow cooker; top with chicken stock, onion, and garlic.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove ham bone from slow cooker; pull meat of bone and shred. Return meat to slow cooker and discard ham bone. Add potatoes, carrots, parsley, and cumin to soup.
- Cook on High until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Add frozen corn and stir.
- Remove 1 cup soup and pour into a blender. Add milk to blender. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Return blended soup to slow cooker and stir. Season with salt and pepper.