Going on a hike tomorrow. We’re driving to Starved Rock.
I thought I’d bring some granola!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 heaping cup pecans, chopped roughly
- ½ to ¾ cup pistachios, chopped roughly
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup golden raisins (I didn’t include raisins.)
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil (see notes) (I used 1 cup coconut oil.)
- 2 tablespoons honey (I used 1/4 cup of honey.)
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup (I didn’t use maple syrup—don’t like it, never have. Sorry sugar maple trees! It’s nothing against you. You’re very pretty!)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients together (except the raisins – set aside for later). Whisk the wet ingredients until smooth. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients in a large bowl until the mixture is moistened.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet in a thin layer (use two pans if necessary – I just use one 10×15 jelly roll pan).
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes. During the last 20 minutes of baking, stir in the golden raisins. When you remove the granola from the oven at the end, don’t stir it right away – the granola will form crunchy clusters as it cools.