Well, this was AMAZING!
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10oz chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- coarse sea salt (optional)
- blue corn tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
- Combine the first six ingredients in a food processor or blender then process until smooth. Place shrimp in a plastic bag then add 3 Tablespoons of the dressing and marinate in the refrigerator for 10 minutes (no longer.) Reserve remaining dressing for salad dressing.
- After the shrimp have marinated, spray the bottom of a skillet with extra virgin olive oil or nonstick spray then sautee in two batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, for 1-2 minutes a side, or until just barely cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly. Discard remaining marinade.
- Divide lettuce and red cabbage between plates then top with avocados, tomatoes, sauteed shrimp, and crushed tortilla chips. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired, then drizzle dressing on top and serve.