- 1 1/4 cups ketchup, preferably organic
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (or you can sub apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon worchestire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use less if you don’t like the heat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 cold water mixed with 1 tablespoon corn starch (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except the water and corn starch mixture in a medium size sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce and simmer for five minutes or until all the sugar has dissolved.
- If you like a thicker BBQ Sauce add the water and corn starch mixture. Simmer until desired thickness is reached, but watch closely. It thickens really fast!
- Serve immediately or cover and store in fridge.