- 1 (4 -5 lb) whole roasting chicken
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- Spray the inside of a 5 quart or larger crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients. Rub the dry ingredients all over the chicken, inside and out, and place in crockpot breast side down.
- Place onion and garlic inside chicken cavity.
- DO NOT ADD ANY WATER.
- Cook 4-5 hours on high or 8 hours on low.