- 1 (15 x 6 1/2 x 3/8–inch) cedar grilling plank
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (I would use 1/2-3/4 of a teaspoon next time.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (3-pound) center-cut salmon fillet, skinned
- Immerse and soak plank in water 1 hour; drain.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine salt and next 7 ingredients (through cinnamon); rub salt mixture over fish.
- Place plank on grill rack; grill 3 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over; place fish on charred side of plank. Cover and grill 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.