This. Is. AMAZING!
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the water to a boil in a heavy large saucepan.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cheese, milk, butter, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and pepper, and stir until the butter and cheese melt.
- Transfer the polenta to a bowl and serve. Makes 6 servings.
*www.foodnetwork.com (Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis)