There wasn’t a drop of this left at the end of a party!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Graham crackers or Nilla wafers, to serve
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and salt over medium-low heat, stirring continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat, whisk in the vanilla extract, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar for 1 minute, until smooth and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 minute. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and refrigerate if not serving immediately. Remove from the refrigerator 15 to 30 minutes before serving. Serve with graham crackers or Nilla wafers. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.