- 2lbs, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, chopped (I used a leek instead.)
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts for topping
- brown rice, noodles, or large butter lettuce leaves for lettuce wraps
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, diced (as a topping)
- Place peppers and onion at the bottom of the crockpot. This will act as a “stand” for the chicken, so it doesn’t dry out.
- Next place chicken on top.
- In a bowl, mix together peanut butter, lime juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, and honey. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6 on LOW. When 15 minutes remain of cooking time, shred chicken with two forks. Cover and continue cooking for the remainder of the time.
- Remove from crockpot and serve over brown rice, noodles, OR using as a salad topper or in lettuce wraps! (I used rice noodles. Yum!) Top with peanuts.