It’s apple time!
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped (honeycrisp, gala, ambrosia)
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Place the apples in a slow cooker. Top with sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg and mix well.
- Cover and cook high 5 hours, or low 10 hours, stirring once halfway, until the apples are tender and dark brown.
- Uncover and puree with an immersion blender. Cook on high uncovered 2 additional hours, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Spoon into jars or containers, cover and refrigerate for up to one month. Makes 2 cups.