I’ll make this salad again and again!
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. shallot, finely minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup aged gouda, coarsely shredded
- 1 apple such as Pink Lady, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Trim the ends off of the brussels sprouts. In a food processor fitted with the slicing attachment, shred the brussels sprouts. Remove to a large mixing bowl. In a liquid measuring cup, combine the lemon juice, Dijon, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper. Add in the olive oil and whisk until well blended. Add the dressing to the bowl with the brussels sprouts. Toss well, then let stand at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Add the gouda, apple, cranberries and hazelnuts to the bowl with the brussels sprout mixture. Toss well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve.