- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh basil leaves
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Place shrimp in a large bowl. Pour two-thirds of oil mixture over shrimp; toss to coat. Reserve remaining oil mixture. Chill shrimp mixture in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Cook snap peas and asparagus in boiling water 45 seconds. Remove from pan. Immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water; drain well.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Thread about 5 shrimp onto each of 4 skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add asparagus and peas; cook 3 minutes or until browned and lightly charred. Remove pan from heat. Add reserved olive oil mixture to asparagus mixture. Return pan to high heat; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates. Sprinkle with salt and basil. Serve asparagus mixture with skewers.
*Cooking Light, May 2016