- 1lb ground pork
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed between your fingers
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jumbo sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 12oz (1 bottle) gluten-free beer (I used New Grist Pilsner)
- 4 buns
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions then saute until evenly caramelized, 10 minutes. Add beer, worcestershire sauce, and a little salt then bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium then simmer until onions are tender and beer has nearly been absorbed, 10-15 minutes. Taste then add salt if necessary and set aside.
- While the onions are simmering, preheat grill on high heat for at least 10 minutes (I like to let my grill get to 400-450 degrees.) Combine pork and spices – coriander through nutmeg – then form mixture into 4 patties – patties will be soft, but that’s ok. Turn grill down to medium heat then spray tops of patties with nonstick spray. Place patties sprayed-side down on the grill then cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Place brat burgers onto buns then top with beer-braised caramelized onions and serve.