- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup stone-ground cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups (5 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the butter. Using fingertips or a pastry blender, work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in the Parmesan and green onions. Add the buttermilk and olive oil. Stir until the mixture forms a dough.
- Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet in 12 equal-sized pieces. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until golden. Cool the biscuits for 10 minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely.