- 1 cup ditalini pasta (about 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 3 cups chopped yellow squash (about 2 medium)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved (about ¼ cup)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the pasta until al dente, according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Add the leeks and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the squash and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, lima beans, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until the beans are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the asparagus, tomatoes, and cooked pasta; cover and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve topped with the Parmesan and pepper.
Real Simple, June 2016