- 1 pound white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup dried Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off the bottom of the stems; then, use a moist paper towel to gently remove any dirt from mushrooms.
- Quarter or halve the mushrooms, depending on the size.
- Sprinkle water in the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish then place mushrooms in a single layer on top of the water.
- In a small bowl combine next six ingredients: breadcrumbs through salt/pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of the mushrooms.
- Drizzle evenly with olive oil then spray the top with olive oil spray so it’s evenly coated. Bake uncovered until the mushrooms are golden, about 20 minutes. Serve hot or warm.