- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ounces package Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 ounces can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional
- Seasoned salt and pepper
- 1 ounces can white kidney or cannellini beans
- 1 ounces package gnocchi
- 1 cups and 1/2 fresh spinach ~4-5 ounces
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: fresh parsley
Move a rack in your oven to the upper third of the oven and then preheat to 425 degrees F.
Put a large oven-safe skillet (I use a 12 inch lodge dutch oven skillet), on the stove at medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil.
Add in the chopped onion and stir until the onion is transparent — about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for another 30 seconds.
Coin the turkey sausage and add to the skillet. Cook over high heat until lightly browned or about 3-4 minutes.
Add in the water or broth, undrained Italian diced tomatoes, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, seasoned salt and pepper, thoroughly rinsed, drained, and dried cannellini beans, and uncooked gnocchi. Stir until everything is well combined. Gently stir in the spinach and make sure it’s covered with liquid.
Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and place in the oven.
Bake for 17-22 minutes. If desired, turn on the broiler and then broil for another 2-3 minutes for a delicious crispy top.
Remove from the heat, top with additional salt, pepper, and some chopped fresh parsley if desired.