- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 package Hawaiian sweet rolls 12 rolls total
- 1 pound deli roast beef
- 12 slices Sargento provolone cheese separated, 1 package
- 1 and 1/2 cups French fried onions optional
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 packet Au Jus seasoning mix separated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with the softened unsalted butter.
- Without separating the rolls, slice the package of rolls in half horizontally.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish. Top with the 6 slices of the provolone cheese, roast beef, french fried onions, remaining 6 slices of cheese, and the other half of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Mix in 1 tablespoon of the au jus seasoning mix, Worcestershire sauce, sesame seeds, dried minced garlic, and onion powder.
- Top the rolls evenly with this mixture, making sure all the rolls are entirely coated.
- Bake the sliders uncovered until the cheese is gooey and the tops of the rolls are golden brown — about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and cut the sliders with a very sharp knife.
- While the sliders are baking, take the remaining au jus mixture and place in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 cups cold water and whisk. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer to allow it to slightly thicken.
- Serve with the sandwiches.