- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 1 (4.5-ounce) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Add chicken, taco seasoning and 1/4 cup chicken broth to a 6-qt Instant Pot® and gently toss to combine.
- Stir in corn, black beans, salsa and green chiles.
- Without stirring, add rice and remaining 3/4 cup chicken broth.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Stir in cheese until melted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.